SMITE is a competition game with a strong cooperative component. You need to learn the basic functions of the game well to get along and not suffer the wrath of other players. Check out this guide to learn more about the mechanics of SMITE .
Find a favorite godYou must choose a god that you like the gameplay to train your skills. Since at the beginning you will have a lot to learn in the game, at least you don't have to worry about learning several different skills and styles of play. Check out the different classes:
- Assassins: They are usually gods that attack melee and use their physical power in their basic attacks and divine abilities. They are very agile and do a lot of damage, but they can be a little vulnerable.
- Guardians: these are the game’s tanks, they use their physical and magical power to control the battle.
- Warriors: this class is a mix between Assassins and Guardians. They are melee fighters who can withstand some damage and also do a moderate amount of damage.
- Mages: Usually these gods attack from a distance, using magic power to increase their base attack strength and abilities. However, they are quite fragile if caught.
Discover the different functionsIn all MOBA games, there are five basic functions that you can take on the team: Mid Lane, Solo Lane, Jungler, Carry and Support. Regardless of the class of their god, each player has one of these functions during the game.
- Mid Lane: usually has a strong ability capable of causing a massive amount of damage. You have to press your way and protect it, attacking the enemy tower whenever possible. This is the ideal role for Mages , as area damage spells are especially useful for the role.
- Solo Lane: This function is for players who like to be more individualistic, but also like to help the team when needed. Since you are alone on a path, it is necessary to choose your battles with caution or when it is better to wait for your team's jungler to help you. For this role, you want a robust god, with a lot of life and resistance, like a Warrior .
- Carry: this is a very important position in the team. You will cause the most deaths and, to reach your maximum power, you need to strengthen yourself with the help of your allies. The goal is to stay strong enough to lead the team to victory in the final stage of the game. The best gods to start experimenting with this function are the Hunters .
- Support: in this role you will help your team in general, but the most important thing is to help your carry with the deaths he needs to become stronger. A good god to start with in this role is Ymir , as he has great defense and good crowd control to help his team during group battles.
- Jungler: this is the most difficult function of the game, because you will get your deaths and your XP in the jungle and not on the paths. In addition, you also need to help the paths being pressed. This is not the ideal position for those just starting out, as you need some knowledge of the game's mechanics and how the gods work. The best junglers are, without a doubt, the Assassins .
There are several Modes in the gameBefore venturing into the game, you should know what modes there are and what they consist of.
- Achievement: this is the traditional way. It consists of two teams of five players on a map with three paths and a jungle between them. Each team must try to pressure the other, eliminating minions and towers until they can eliminate the opponent's Titan.
- Fair: this is a way in which you play one on one or three against three, with only one path and a jungle. These battles are good for you to learn the basics of the game and the mechanics of each god.
- Assault: here you only have one way, there is no jungle and you belong to one of the two teams with five players. However, you do not choose your god, but you are assigned a random one.
- Arena: this is the mode with the most action. There are no paths, no towers, no jungle, just a large open arena with a portal at each end. The goal is to ensure that your minions reach the enemy's portal and prevent opposing minions from reaching yours.
- Siege: a battle on two paths, where two teams with four gods try to destroy the structures of each one, trying to reach the enemy Titan with the help of a Siege Juggernaut. Teams earn points by clearing fields in the jungle and killing enemy gods and minions. When a team reaches 100 points, its Siege Juggernaut appears to assist in the battle.