The enchantments in Minecraft are mechanics that increase the attributes of weapons and tools, or even give them new effects. In this guide we will tell you everything you need to know about enchanting items and also how to get enchanted items from the scene. Check out our complete guide to enchantments in Minecraft!
How to enchant equipmentThere are three ways to enchant equipment in Minecraft:
Enchantment tablesYou need to spend XP and lapis lazuli to get spells that way. XP is obtained by killing animals or mobs, or roasting items in the furnace. Lapis lazuli is obtained through mining. Only items that have not yet been enchanted can be used on the enchantment table. To craft an enchantment table you need 4 obsidian , 2 diamonds and 1 book . When you have all the items, arrange them as follows to get the table:
- Obsidians are obtained by touching water to lava and can only be mined with a diamond pick.
- Diamonds are only found well below the surface and need to be mined with an iron pick or better.
- Books are made with 3 pieces of paper and 1 leather.
How to use the enchantment tableBefore using the enchantment table, place shelves around it, a block away, as shown in the image below: The shelves serve to unlock more levels of enchantments on the table. To build shelves, just get 6 boards (any type) and 3 books and combine them like this: To use the enchantment table, just right-click on it and then insert the item you want to enchant and a variable amount of lapis lazuli. In doing so, three random enchantment options will appear. The ways to modify this random set are:
- changing the type and material of the item;
- changing the level of the enchantment (when changing the number of shelves);
- enchanting an item (this generates a new random group).