Stardew Valley is a very complex game for beginners. The number of actions and activities you can perform is very large, and it always gives you that feeling of missing something. So, here are 9 essential tips for you to start the game the right way. Check out!
1. Configure the tool's setting locationBefore even taking the first step in Stardew Valley, access the settings menu (“E” key) and choose the “Options” tab. Then, check the box "Show tool setting location". This will make a small square appear that shows exactly where the use of the tools (ax, hoe, shovel, etc.) will be made, making the visualization much easier.
2. Watch TV every morningAt the beginning of each day in Stardew Valley, turn on the television. It provides some essential information that, if used well, will greatly facilitate your progress in the game. The television in Stardew Valley has 4 channels: Weather forecast : informs the weather forecast of the next day, warning if the day will be sunny, if it will rain, if there will be a storm, etc. This information is important for various aspects of the game, especially with regard to your planting. Seer : Seer informs his luck of the day. This attribute is also crucial for various actions that you develop in the game, so knowing your luckiest days can dictate your choices, such as going to mine on lucky days to find more valuable ores. Living off the land : tips on planting, harvesting, relationships and also tells you the season you are in. Sauce queen : teaches new recipes. So be sure to check the TV every morning, and define your actions according to the information received.
3. Always have a Hoe in your inventoryAlways be like a Hoe in your inventory. Very often you will find earthworms along the way across the map of Stardew Valley. At these times, use the Hoe on them to receive a random item. Your luck informed by the Seer in the morning influences the quality of the item found in the worm. Pay attention to the description of the items found. Some may be of interest to Gunther, the Museum manager. In such cases, deliver the item to him instead of selling them. This will make you receive more valuable rewards.
4. Collect 300 pieces of wood as quickly as possibleAt the very beginning of your activities in Stardew Valley, start collecting pieces of wood. It is not necessary to focus only on wood farming. Take care of the farm and manage your energy as normal, but avoid spending it in the beginning. As soon as you have 300 pieces, go to the beach on the right side. You will find a broken bridge. Make the repair with the wood and cross to the other side. There you will find a variety of very good loots for the beginning of the game. Sell them to get great money.
5. Build chests after repairing the bridgeAfter spending 300 timbers repairing the bridge, it's time to craft chests, since space in the inventory is one of the biggest problems at the beginning of the game. Each chest requires 50 timbers and provides 36 slots to store items. In addition, you can mark each chest with a specific color to make it easier to find your loots.
6. Build bonds with the villagersOne of the main aspects of Stardew Valley is developing your relationships with your neighbors. If you press the "E" key and choose the "Social" tab, you will see the level of your relationships with each villager, measured in hearts. Each heart is equivalent to 250 friendship points. There are several ways to earn friendship points in Stardew Valley. Among the main ones are:
- Completing delivery missions;
- Choosing the right alternatives for your heart events (specific events that improve relationships;
- Gift giving.