Cities: Skylines is one of the most modifiable games of the moment. Since its launch, the developers have encouraged the community to create several mods that improve the gameplay, and the results are significant. For you who want to optimize your game and fix those small "flaws" that the version without mods left, we have created a list with 11 indispensable mods for those who play Cities: Skylines. Check out!
1. Watch It!Undoubtedly one of the first mods you will want to install. Watch It! provides various crucial information about your city, in the most accessible way possible. The mod inserts several small icons on the screen, each icon representing an aspect of your city, such as water, electricity, garbage, education, crime, etc. If the icon is green, it means that that aspect is going well, if it is red, it is going bad. In addition, by clicking on each icon you have access to more detailed information. For example: if you click on the education icon, you can see the percentage of graduated or illiterate citizens, level of efficiency, active schools, etc. Click here to download the mod.
2. Find It!A simple and mandatory mod for Cities: Skylines. It adds a text box where you can type any component or structure of the game and it will appear automatically. So you don't need to navigate through the menus behind the structure you want to build, just type in the name and a window will show your item and all related items. Click here to download the mod.
3. Move It!Along with the two mods above, Move It! closes the triad of mods indispensable for your game. It adds the simple and mega useful function of dragging objects in the game. Simply select the structure, tree, texture or any desired object and drag it to the new location. The mod also allows you to copy and paste objects. For example, if you want to fill an area with trees, just select some existing trees and copy them to the new location. Simple, fast and indispensable. Click here to download the mod.
4. Traffic Manager: President EditionTraffic Manager: President Edition installs several tools that assist in traffic management. With it you can more easily configure options such as:
- Way direction;
- Traffic restrictions (such as banning cars on certain streets or pedestrians on others);
- Parking rules;
- Speed limits;
- Traffic light time;
- Traffic signs, among others.
5. Roundabout BuilderRoundabaout Builder is a roundabout construction assistant. If you already have some experience in Cities: Skylines, you should know that roundabouts are very important components in various parts of your city, so you will want to use as many of them as possible. When using the mod's tools, it automatically clears the ground for you and places the desired roundabout. In addition, it already complements the structure with options optimized for the flow of traffic and even puts signs for you. Another attraction of Roundabout Builder is that it introduces new roundabout options (shapes and sizes) that do not originally exist in the game. Click here to download the mod.
6. Net PickerDefinitely one of the most useful mods out there for this game. Do you know when you want to build new tracks but don't know exactly which exact track you used earlier? Net Picker does away with this problem. With this mod you no longer need to search for the right clue in the street menu. Just click on the track already built and it opens the street menu automatically, already with that type of track selected. This will save you time and make your traffic management much easier. Click here to download the mod.
7. Toggleable WhitenessWhenever you want to edit something in Cities: Skylines, the scene is all white, which often makes it difficult to accurately view certain locations, especially when there is already a lot built. To fix this, Toggleable Whiteness adds the function of keeping the scene in normal colors whenever you want to edit a building, track, etc. The mod does not replace the old color pattern, it just adds the option to modify it quickly. You can return to the original whenever you want. Click here to download the mod.
8. Ultimate EyecandyUltimate Eyecandy is a mod that has no affect on gameplay, but allows you to customize various options related to the look of the game. Among the settings that you can easily change are:
- The time of day;
- The direction and height of the sun;
- Enable and disable snow, rain, fog, as well as its intensity;
- Ambient light;