Ethereal Knives / Mind Over Matter
This build is focused on quickly reaching the end of the game. To do this, you make a massive use of a damage spell and use a skill that turns your mana into durability.
Basically, you will constantly launch your knives, while reducing about 30% of your damage through mana. The bosses will be a little more difficult, but in general, you will be able to get to the final content of the game very quickly.
In addition, the main power of this build does not come directly from your equipment, although it gains some improvement through it.
- Ethereal Knives: it is a spell in which you can throw five knives in front of you that cause physical damage to enemies.
- Mind Over Matter: This passive ability allows your mana to absorb a portion of the damage done in your life.
Freezing Shooting Totems
This build uses the Freeze Shot spell and the Support: Magic Totem gem to allow your totems to do most of the work for you.
By using these two abilities, your character is free to fight stronger monsters, which your totem could not immediately destroy.
These totems have a high attack speed and can eliminate all enemies on the screen in a matter of seconds. This makes this build one of the most efficient to quickly reach the maximum level.
Against opponents that do great damage, you can expect a little more difficulty, however, your totems will grant you a great advantage by leaving you free from weaker threats.
- Freezing Shot: it is a cold spell that launches a projectile with a 100% chance to pierce your opponent.
- Support: Magic Totem: this support gem modifies the spell on which it is applied so that, instead of being cast directly, it is replaced by a totem that uses it automatically.
Two-Handed Ancient Warrior Chief
This build is very powerful and can be a lot of fun to play due to the level of interaction you have in battle. It is centered on one of the strongest totem skills in the game. If you're new to the game, it's also easy to get used to this build, as long as you get a good two-handed ax.
Although you will not be able to clean up enemies as quickly as with other skills, you will be able to effectively destroy bosses. Take this build if you like to always be in the middle of the fight, because with it you will always be involved in the fight.
- Ancestral Warrior Chief: it is a skill that creates a totem, which attacks multiple enemies at the same time as long as the player stays close. In addition, it also increases your damage done.
Rupture is one of Path of Exile's most powerful multi-target attacks , so it's no surprise that it's a favorite of players.
This build is good to help you quickly raise your level, gaining equipment along the way, and it also works very well in late game scenarios.
Sometimes, you can also use a Rupture combination with the Support: Multi-attack gem to create a wave of successive attacks.
- Break: Melee attack that creates a wave thrown forward, dealing damage to enemies in the way. Targets hit by the wave also send shock waves causing additional damage to other enemies nearby.
Essence / Contagion Drainer
This build is very popular for those who are starting the game. Combined with Contagion, Essence Drain creates one of the most devastating synergies in the game, giving you an insane amount of experience per hour.
Although you can get this build with both Cheater and Occultist, the Cheat archetype manages to do more damage to bosses. However, you sacrifice some survival.
- Essence Drain: is a spell that casts a chaotic projectile that causes damage over time to your enemy. The spell also regenerates a portion of your life. If the target dies while affected by Contagion and Essence Drain, the duration of the effects is spread over enemies nearby.