Check out our super guide with all the Apex Legends legends (characters). Below you will find the skills, the best tips and why you should play with each one. But beware! Try them all to learn your skills better and avoid specializing in just one. Check out the guide for all the Legends of Apex Legends:
- Crypto, the Espionage Specialist
- Wattson, the Static Defender
- Octane the Adrenaline Addict
- Bloodhound, the Technology Tracker
- Gibraltar, the Armored Fortress
- Lifeline, the Combat Physician
- Pathfinder, the Advanced Scout
- Wraith, the Interdimensional Combatant
- Bangalore, the Professional Combatant
- Caustic the Toxic Hunter
- Mirage the Illusionist Cheater
Crypto, the Espionage SpecialistCrypto is the character who entered Apex Legends Season 3. Its gameplay revolves around its surveillance drone, which can obtain information on the location of opponents, in addition to causing damage and debuffs. The character favors more tactical players and enables more offensive strategies.
Tactic: Surveillance Drone"Launch a drone that allows you to view the surrounding area while flying. If the drone is destroyed, there is a 40-second wait before you can use another." The main skill of Crypto. The drone can be used both offensively to locate opponents and plan flanks and to camper more safely.
Passive: Neurolink"Enemies detected by the Surveillance Drone within 30 meters of your position will be marked for you and your allies." Crypto's passive guarantees more convenience and facilitates much more communication between the team. With it, you do not need to ping (mark) opponents in range of the drone, as it does this automatically.
Supreme: Drone PEM"The Surveillance Drone unleashes a PEM explosion, causing shield damage, slowing enemies and disabling traps." As if the drone is no longer useful enough, it can also damage shields and slow down. This ability makes Crypto a great counter for Wattson and Caustic.
Tips on how to play with Crypto
- Crypto is very vulnerable while you are sailing with the drone. He is unable to see or hear anything around him, so use the skill safely and, whenever possible, ask for cover.
- The automatic ping of the drone only works within a range of 30 meters. This does not prevent you, while controlling the drone, from making normal marking of opponents and other things that are at any distance.
- The maximum limit that the drone can be away from Crypto is 200 meters. Be aware and "park" your drone before you go over that margin.
- The best way to use passive skill is to park the drone in a high place close to where you and your team are. Then, exit the drone's screen and let it locate the opponents alone while you attack or retreat.
- The Supreme skill is also more effective if you leave the drone's screen and use it as a trap . To do this, position it strategically and activate the ability when the opponent passes by. Never try to chase the enemy to use the skill as the drone can be easily destroyed.
- The Supreme ability deals damage to Crypto and his team.
- In general, avoid spending too much time moving the drone. In addition to making Crypto very vulnerable, this makes the drone easily located by enemies. The best way to use it is according to the tips above: using it passively and outside the control screen.
- When playing against Caustics, always recognize indoor spaces before entering. In addition to disabling traps, the drone can deliver the opposing team's strategy easily.
- In the late game, when the circle is already very small, the drone is an absurdly strong support. An enemy is unlikely to remain hidden if you use the ability correctly.
Crypto is your character if ...
- You enjoy more tactical gameplay.
- You are looking for a versatile character who can prepare offensive and defensive plays.
- You have experience with characters that use a trap.
Wattson, the Static DefenderWattson is the character that arrives with Season 2 of Apex Legends. Its main function is support and its skills favor defensive and very tactical gameplay. The developers' intention when inserting Wattson in the game was to make the defensive style in the metagame feasible.
Tactic: Perimeter Security"Connect nodes to create electrified fences that damage and slow enemies." Wattson's characteristic skill. Fences require great knowledge of the map to be used effectively (since, depending on the terrain, opponents may be able to get support to jump over the bars). However, the ability can be used to force opponents to use a particular route.
Passive: Touch of Genius"Supreme Accelerators fully recharge her Supreme ability; being close to electrified towers speeds up the recharge of tactical ability." Wattson's passive only serves to speed up the use of other skills.
Supreme: Electrified Tower"Place an electrified tower that destroys explosives thrown at it, and also repairs damaged shields while standing (maximum: 3)." Wattson's support ability. It works much like the healing of Lifeline, with the advantage of destroying explosives. It should preferably be used within a perimeter surrounded by tactical skill or behind cover.
Wattson is your character if ...
- You are looking for a new support option.
- You like tactical and passive gameplay.
Octane the Adrenaline AddictOctane (or OTÁVIO SILVA) is the character who entered Season 1 of the game. His style revolves around his great movement and speed, which favor a more aggressive gameplay and also allows several evasive maneuvers.
Tactic: Stimulating"It moves 30% faster for 6 seconds. It costs life to use." Probably one of the best skills in the game. The speed boost allows for both aggressive and evasive maneuvers. The health percentage is proportional to your current HP, so you can never kill the player. In addition, Octane is less affected by slowing effects. The recharge time is 2 seconds.
Passive: Quick Repair"Automatically recovers life over time." This ability regenerates Octane's HP by 1 point every 2 seconds. The ability basically serves to enable the use of the Stimulant.
Supreme: Jump Support"Position a springboard that catapults allies into the air." Jump Support is a skill best used evasively to get out of indoors. Despite appearing simple, the trampoline forces opponents to aim in directions that previously offered no danger. However, trampoline users need to practice hitting shots while in the air. The recharge time is 90 seconds.
Tips for playing with Octane
- At the start of matches, use the Stimulant to loot much faster than normal.
- Although the life lost with the Stimulant is small, it avoids abusing the ability. Many players get used to the increased speed and do not stop using the skill even when it is not necessary.
- Use the Jump Stand to get out of smoke and gas.
- With Octane you need to practice your aim more, since you will often be running very fast or even in the air.
- Despite the passive, Octane needs many healing items. The Stimulant's very low recharge makes you always have incomplete HP.
- The Jump Stand can be used even when you are down. So when you get into close combat, launch a support in the middle of the battle and use it to escape if you get knocked down.
- Do not use the Jump Stand to look cool in combat. While you are in the air your accuracy is slightly impaired. In addition, the trajectory that the Jump Support sends the characters is fixed (you cannot change direction while in the air), so if you are going to use it in the open field unnecessarily, it will certainly be shot down.
Octane is your character if ...
- You like extremely fast characters.
- You like to take the initiative in combat.
- You don't mind having to move the mouse A LOT to aim.
Bloodhound, the Technology TrackerBloodhound is the team's tracker. Their skills are aimed at locating opponents, showing their current whereabouts or where they were recently. Bloodhound is extremely useful indoors. Although their skills are not an x-ray view, they convey a good sense of where opponents may be and what is going on behind walls. Check out the top 5 team compositions from Apex Legends!
Tactic: Eye of the All-Father"Briefly reveals hidden enemies, traps and hints in all the structures in front of you." This ability allows you to find out if there are opponents in buildings in front of you and their exact locations. It is a kind of x-ray photo, so it does not record movements. As soon as you use the skill, keep in mind that opponents may have already repositioned themselves, so use the scoring system to alert your partners.
Passive: Tracker"He sees tracks left behind by enemies." This ability reveals footsteps, opponents' blood, bullet casings, used weapons, recently opened doors and other useful elements for you to track your opponents. It is especially useful for locating teams that are fleeing disadvantageous combat or fallen opponents who have gone into hiding.
Supreme: Hunting Beast"It strengthens your senses, allowing you to move faster and mark your prey." This ability greatly increases your movement speed (can be used defensively to evade combat), as well as highlighting opponents and recent footprints in red. Thus, you are able to see enemies through smoke, dust or anything that obstructs your vision, but DOES NOT ALLOW you to see through walls. The skill lasts 35 seconds. Check out our super Apex Legends weapon guide!
Tips for playing with Bloodhound
- Bloodhound is very good with shotguns due to the speed boost that the ultimate ability gives, allowing it to approach opponents very easily. The character is great for offensive play.
- Base your game on the clues found by your passive skill. In addition to tracking opponents' position, you can find out what weapons they are using. So, if you know that your opponent has a sniper, for example, you can play more carefully looking for cover.
- Bloodhound makes a good team with Bangalore, Caustic and Gibraltar. These characters have ways of obscuring the scene (smoke, gas and dust), hindering opponents' vision while you normally see them with Hunting Beast. So, always try to use the ultimate in combo with these skills.
- Use Hunting Beast while away from opponents. The skill lasts 35 seconds (much longer than a fight usually does), so you don't have to use it in the nick of time. This allows you to surprise opponents and start the fight however you want.
- Use the pings system as much as you can. As the team tracker you will have a lot more information than your partners, so share as much as possible with them.
- Remember that your tactical skill shows your opponent's location at that EXACT MOMENT, so use it to get a sense of what's going on, but don't forget that they may have already moved.
Bloodhound is your character if:
- You have an aggressive playing style and enjoy close-quarters or indoor fights.
- You like to lead the team, making decisions based on your tracking skills.
- You don't mind needing to communicate a lot.
- You like characters that have a pet crow.
Gibraltar, the Armored FortressGibraltar is a tank and support character at the same time. Their skills are all defensive and survival oriented. With Gibraltar you can take much more damage than normal, and you can protect your partners during combat. In return, the character does not have offensive skills.
Tactic: Dome of Protection"Launch a dome shield that blocks attacks for 15 seconds." This ability is purely defensive since you are protected from shots, but you also cannot fire from within the shield (so opponents can also use it). However, use it as any cover, going out to attack and going in to defend yourself.
Passive: Weapon Shield"Using the scope throws a Weapon Shield that blocks shots at you." This ability is especially useful when combined with a sniper. Thus, opponents will not be able to return damage immediately after their initial shot. After taking a certain amount of damage, the shield breaks and you have to wait a while before it can be used again.
Supreme: Defensive Bombing"Request a mortar attack focused on a marked position." Gibraltar launches a flag in the chosen direction and a red circle appears in the area. Then a rain of mortars falls on the place, raising dust (obstructing the view) and causing damage to enemies. The skill is good for holding opponents in place.
Tips for playing with Gibraltar
- Gibraltar's passive allows you to be a little more aggressive and get closer to enemies. Thus, with this character it is perfectly possible to win combat against rifles using submachine guns or shotguns.
- Get used to the length of your passive shield. Although it gives more durability, eliminate opponents as soon as possible, as it does not last that long.
- Gibraltar's tactical skill is perfect for reviving fallen partners, healing or catching important loots. In addition, the shield allows you to counter abilities that deal damage in an area for a certain amount of time.
- Defensive Bombing is a very slow skill, so use it strategically to get out of situations or trap enemies in place. Mortar damage is good but they are easily preventable.
- Defensive Bombing does no damage to its partners. In close-quarters combat, try to launch it on everyone involved.
Gibraltar is your character if:
- You like tank characters.
- His style of play is defensive.
- You prefer slower and more strategic gameplay.
- You like brutish characters but with a nice heart.
Lifeline, the Combat PhysicianLifeline is a supporting character. Your skills are geared towards healing and equipping the team. Thus, the character is extremely good for fighting at the beginning of the game when players have not yet achieved good loots. Lifeline is also good at the end of matches when the circle is already small and your team doesn't need to move around much, allowing the character to heal players while they are in combat.
Tactic: Drone Dr. Cura"Calls on your drone to automatically heal nearby allies over time." This ability is why Lifeline is good at the start of matches. Explore this to your advantage and look for combat as soon as possible. Be aware of the range of the healing drone (which is not much).
Passive: Combat Physician“Reanimates allies dropped more quickly while a shield protects them. Uses healing items 25% faster. ” Another extremely useful skill at the start of the game. Often players are knocked down before they have achieved any loot. At such times, Lifeline can save its partners easily since the shield generated is very strong.
Supreme: Supply Capsule"Order a capsule full of high-quality defense equipment." One of the best skills in the game. It is important that this skill is used as much as possible throughout the match to equip your team in the best way. In addition, the supply capsule is a great option for equipping your partners who have just returned to the match via Resurgence Beacon. See the minimum requirements and how to optimize your Apex Legends!
Tips for playing with Lifeline
- During combat you must assume the responsibility of reviving fallen partners, because in addition to the shield, it takes you less time to do so.
- Convince your team to seek combat at the start of the match. With your support skills the chances of getting the upper hand are greater.
- Whenever a partner falls, ask him to go to the nearest wall. So, when you go to revive it, turn in the opposite direction of the wall to have the greatest possible coverage of the shield generated by your passive.
- Whenever you are out of the circle for any reason, your healing drone is a good option to save extra time and even surprise enemies with it.
- If a partner dies and the team manages to retrieve its banner, save your supreme skill for when it resurfaces. There is nothing better than returning to the game with good equipment waiting.
- Preferably, the team should pass on the Supreme Accelerators to Lifeline so that she can use her skill to the fullest extent possible. Communicate this to the team and do your part.
- The Supply Capsule delivers your location, so use it with care. However, if it is your intention, the skill also serves to attract players to the location.
- The Supply Capsule cannot be used if you are under any roof.
- As unlikely as it is, the Supply Capsule deals damage to opponents beneath it.
Lifeline is your character if:
- You like supporting characters.
Pathfinder, the Advanced ScoutPathfinder is another supporting character, but very different from Lifeline. His skills are aimed at helping the team in terms of movement and positioning. Pathfinder is one of the most interesting characters in the game. With creativity, your skills can be used in countless ways.
Tactic: Hook"Hook to get quickly out of reach." The most important skill of the character. With the Hook you can move around very quickly and reach places that are difficult to access. In addition, you can fire the Hook at an opponent and pull it towards you in the best “GET OVER HERE!” Style.
Passive: Internal Sources"Scans a search flag to reveal the next location on the ring." Although interesting, this skill has very little practical use. You are unlikely to waste time looking for a search flag to use the skill, and even if you do, it is unlikely that the information will make any relevant difference in the match. As in other battle royales , arriving in safe zones first can be more dangerous than arriving last, as your team is exposed from all sides.
Supreme: Tyrolean Weapon"Create a zip line for everyone to use." It allows you and the rest of the team to reposition quickly. The zip line also allows access to places inaccessible in other ways. In addition, the skill's reload time is short and the zip line lasts for the entire game.
Tips for playing with Pathfinder
- You can use the hook to swing and gain speed, not just to be pulled to the chosen point.
- Pathfinder is a great sniper for being able to access high and unlikely places. If found, the character can easily reposition himself using his hook.
- If your team is positioned waiting for the next round, anticipate the action and put ziplines to help with displacement or possible escapes. Remember that the skill lasts the entire game.
- No matter the inclination of the zip line, you can always use it in any direction. Just jump and turn to the other side.
- If you see yourself near a search flag, find out where the next circle will be. If you need to expose yourself to this, it just isn't worth it.
Pathfinder is your character if:
- You like fast movement.
- You like unpredictable characters with room for innovation.
- You prefer a gameplay based on positioning and strategy.
- You like funny and charismatic characters.
Wraith, the Interdimensional CombatantWraith is one of the most popular characters in the game. Their skills are focused on movement and allow for various evasive maneuvers. If used correctly, Wraith is one of the most difficult characters to eliminate, as well as being one of the most useful for the team. Depending on the player's creativity, his supreme ability allows for several elaborate repositioning strategies.
Tactic: Entering the Void"Reposition yourself quickly through the safety of the empty space, avoiding damage." The ability allows you to be immune for a certain period and increases your movement speed by 20%, so it is perfect for escaping combat and surprising opponents. However, don't forget that you are not invisible, so your enemies can follow your movements and attack as soon as your ability ends.
Passive: Voices from Void“You hear a voice when danger is approaching. So far, she seems to be helping you. ” This ability is most useful when someone is targeting you with a sniper. In other cases, you will probably be shot or 2 before you can react to the warning.
Supreme: Dimensional Rift"Connect the venues with portals for 60 seconds, which can be used by your entire team." One of the best skills in the game, but try not to use it during battles as you are vulnerable. The Dimensional Rift should be used before combat, in the most strategic way possible. The two portals can be placed very far from each other, so use this to your advantage.
Tips for playing with Wraith
- Place the exit from the Dimensional Rift in safe places to ensure that you come out fighting alive.
- A strategy often used by high level players is to place one side of the Dimensional Rift on high ground and the other side on low ground. This allows you to reposition and attack very efficiently.
- The supreme skill and the tactical skill can be used together.
- Fallen characters can still use the Dimensional Rift.
- It is possible to leave the Dimensional Rift before reaching the end.
- Don't forget that opponents can also use your portals!
- The tactical ability does not make Wraith invisible, nor does it allow the character to attack. Therefore, use this skill to escape or before combat.
- It is possible to place the exit from the Dimensional Slit right on the map. Thus, an opponent who follows you through the portal can be drawn to death if you leave the Rift first.
Wraith is your character if:
- You like characters with high survivability.
- You like evasive maneuvers and good visual effects.
- You try to plan the fights in advance.
- You like mysterious characters and cool animations .
Bangalore, the Professional CombatantBangalore is the hybrid character of the game. Her skills can be used in a tactical, defensive and offensive way, making her the most versatile character in Apex Legends. Due to the variety of skills, Bangalore fits well in any team, being one of the most used characters in the game.
Tactic: Smoke Launcher“It fires a high-speed smoke cylinder that explodes in a smoke screen upon impact.” One of the best skills in the game. The smoke screen is an extremely strong option both offensively and defensively. Use it to escape or to outshine enemies.
Passive: Wings on Feet"Getting shot while running increases your speed for a brief period." Another ability that can be used in an offensive and defensive way. But beware, the speed bonus only happens when you are RUNNING.
Supreme: Thunder Bang"It calls for an artillery attack that slowly sweeps the area." Although it looks good, this skill is not the best. Despite causing great damage, the missiles are very slow and are unlikely to hit opponents. So, use this ability to force teams to move and get out of advantageous positions, but don't expect to do damage.
Tips for playing with Bangalore
- Bangalore is the best character to match Bloodhound. Both the smoke of the tactical skill and the dust of the supreme skill overshadow opponents while Bloodhound tracks them with ease.
- For the same reasons, Bloodhound is also the best counter in Bangalore, given that it negates the usefulness of smoke. So prioritize killing her in combat.
- Get used to interpreting sounds and fighting in the smoke.
- Golden (legendary) sights allow you to see opponents in smoke.
- A good way to hit your ultimate skill is to mask it using Smoke Launcher immediately afterwards.
- Smoke Launcher may be the most versatile skill in the game. Use it to heal, revive partners, cover partners, loot, flee, attack, mask your supreme ability, in short, it is for everything.
- If you use the Smoke Launcher offensively, try not to get into the smoke screen. Bangalore is as dazed as any other character. So, throw the cylinder at your opponent's feet and get around the smoke to locate him.
- Smoke Launcher can be used while you regenerate your shield.
Bangalore is your character if:
- You like versatile characters.
- You like chaotic combat with lots of information on the screen.
- You like to control the pace of combat.
- You like badass soldiers .
Caustic the Toxic HunterCaustic is one of two characters that need to be unlocked in Apex Legends. Your abilities are geared towards area damage (AoE). In addition to being great in combat, Caustic skills can be used strategically to discourage opponents from entering a certain area.
Tactic: Nox Gas Trap"Uses cylinders that release deadly Nox gas when they are targeted or activated by enemies." This ability can be used as a trap that warns of the presence of opponents. Use it on doors, narrow passageways and the like to disrupt the movement of rival teams. The cylinders only activate if they are targeted or if the opponent passes by. It is possible to see them through walls with gray or green outlines (if they are activated).
Passive: Nox Vision"It allows you to see enemies through your gas." This ability allows you to easily take down opponents in the middle of the gas.
Supreme: Nox Gas Grenade"It covers a large area with Nox gas." The area covered by the Gas Grenade is insane. Any opponent stuck in the gas will take a while to get out of it, while you can easily see it with your passive. Use this skill as much as possible at the beginning and especially at the end of matches.
Tips for playing with Caustic
- Use your traps wisely. If you need to heal or revive partners, close the entrance to the site with them.
- Although it does damage, the gas can be used defensively to outshine opponents and evade combat.
- Caustic is also a good match for Bloodhound, who is able to see through gas.
- Obviously, Caustic is also countered by Bloodhound.
- Gas cylinders can be used to block doors.
- Remember that, unlike you, your partners don't see through gas. Try not to disturb them.
Caustic is your character if:
- You like characters that do area damage.
- You like trap-based characters.
- You like macabre villains who enjoy watching people suffocate dying.
Mirage the Illusionist CheaterJust like Caustic, you need to unlock Mirage. The character's abilities are focused on camouflage and illusions. Mirage is more evasive than Wraith and with the advantage that, in addition to disappearing from combat, he deceives opponents with holograms, causing them to attack and expose their locations.
Tactic: Cunning"Throw a holographic copy to confuse enemies." One of the best skills in the game. The hologram generated by this ability interacts with the things around you very convincingly. When used in combat, the ability allows you to deal good damage before your opponent realizes where the shots are coming from.
Passive: Bis!"Automatically launches a hologram and camouflages itself for 5 seconds when it is dropped." This liability does not have much practical use. If you fall, it is very unlikely that an opponent will believe the hologram, and even if he does, you cannot do anything. Basically, it only serves for you to hide when you are knocked down.
Supreme: Disappear"Launch a team of holograms to distract enemies while camouflaging." This ability can be used defensively to evade combat or offensively, distracting opponents and attacking them by surprise.
Tips for playing with Mirage
- You can activate your copy even when you are in the jetpack.
- During indoor fighting, you can send the copy to one side while running to the other.
- When you're through a cover, you can use the copy to pretend you left and see if anyone shoots.
- In addition to making Mirage invisible, the ultimate ability increases your movement speed. Save your weapon for maximum speed and get the most out of it.
- Remember that you cannot attack until the supreme invisibility time is up.
- Unlike the hologram of tactical skill, holograms of supreme skill are not so convincing. So use them as a brief distraction and reposition yourself.
Mirage is your character if:
- You like elusive characters.
- You are patient and like to bait opponents.
- You like to see your opponents miss miserably while you kill them in the back.